Public Offering of Securities
POSI is designed for any company that is raising capital through the publication of a prospectus. It can provide cover for introductory offerings (IPO), secondary offerings and can also cover private placements.
The POSI policy covers to the company and its directors, officers and employees for securities claims brought against them in connection with the offering.
- POSI protects the insureds against securities claims arising from an offering of a company's securities.
- POSI can also cover liabilities arising from negotiations, discussions and decisions in connection with the offering.
- Cover includes punitive and exemplary damages.
- POSI gives companies the opportunity to ring-fence the significant and long-term exposure presented by securities offerings.
- POSI being a transaction specific product ensures suitable coverage to the insureds and protects the existing D&O contracts.
- Accounting rules may allow for the POSI premium to be capitalized against the offer proceeds, without being considered as a bottom line deduction from the company's profit and loss account.
- POSI is a transaction specific product and the policy period can be customized to provide protection for upto six years.
- Prospectus Liability
- Underwriter exposure from the Actual or alleged untrue or misleading statement or information from the Prospectus
- Defence Cost
- Controlling and Selling Shareholder Liability from the Actual or alleged untrue or misleading statement or information from the Prospectus
- Prior Claims and Known Circumstances
- Bodily Injury/Property damage
- Dishonest / Fraudulent Act
- Major shareholder exclusion.
“Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation"
MADHUVAN INSURANCE BROKING – An IRDA recognized Insurance Broking House