Personal Accident Insurance
This policy offers compensation in case of death or bodily injury to the insured person, directly and solely as a result of an accident, by external, visible and violent means.
The policy operates worldwide and is a 24 hours cover.
This policy is basically designed to offer some sort of compensation to the insured person who suffers bodily injury solely as a result of an accident which is external, violent and visible. Death or injury due to any illness or disease is not covered by the policy.
Death cover wherein 100% of the capital sum insured is payable.
Permanent Total Disablement
- Loss of two limbs / both eyes / one limb and one eye wherein 100% of the capital sum insured is payable.
- Loss of one limb or one eye wherein 50% of the capital sum insured is payable.
- Permanent Total Disablement other than above e.g. paralysis due to an accident, wherein 100% of the capital sum insured is payable.
Permanent Partial Disablement
- Where a part of the body becomes permanently disabled due to an accident, e.g. total and irrevocable loss of use of a finger due to an accident. In such cases, a percentage of the capital sum insured as specified in the policy is paid.
Temporary Total Disablement
- where the insured person becomes temporarily disabled from undertaking any work as a result of an accident for e.g. fracture of legs. In such cases, a weekly payment of 1% of the capital sum insured subject to a maximum limit, is paid for the number of weeks or part thereof (maximum 100 weeks), during which the insured person is totally disabled.
- Death, injury or disablement of Insured Person as a result of
- From intentional self-injury, suicide or attempted suicide
- Whilst under the influence of drugs or liquor
- Directly or indirectly caused by venereal diseases
- Insured committing breach of law with criminal intent
- War, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not) civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, mutiny, military or usurped power, seizure, capture, arrests, restraints and detainment of all kinds
- Childbirth or pregnancy or in consequence thereof
- Claims arising out of any sickness or disease
“Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation"
MADHUVAN INSURANCE BROKING – An IRDA recognized Insurance Broking House